When injured accident victims come to us, they will be welcomed by strong advocates for their legal rights. Our motorcycle accident lawyers fight diligently for our injured clients, seeking full compensation for their serious injuries sustained in any sort of accident. Many of our clients are injured in motorcycle accidents. These crashes can lead to devastating injuries, leaving accident victims struggling under massive medical bills, forced time off work, and longer medical expenses.
Motorcyclists Are Vulnerable to Injury
Motorcyclists are more at risk of injury that other road users. Motorcycles do not afford their drivers with the same level of protection as cars and trucks. Motorcyclists are exposed to the elements around them and when they are involved in an accident, whether it is a single vehicle or multi-vehicle crash, they have a high probability of sustaining lasting injuries.
Motorcyclists can reduce their risk of injury by always wearing their helmet. Other important gear may include a riding jacket, gloves, and proper attire. While this gear can reduce the risk of injury, motorcyclists can still suffer a wide array of serious injuries in the event of a crash. The five most common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Fractured or Broken Bones: The force involved in a motorcycle accident can lead to broken or fractured bones. Motorcyclists may be thrown from their bikes, hitting the road or other objects. Hard surfaces are a primary cause of broken limbs and other serious injuries.
- Road Rash: Road rash is a term used to describe major abrasions experienced when a motorcyclist makes contact with the road. Serious scrapes or cuts can occur, especially if the motorcycle accident victim skids for a long distance.
- Head Trauma: Blows to the head can be devastating. This is why it is critical for motorcyclists to wear their helmet at all times before setting off on their motorcycle. Keep in mind that even with a helmet, you could still suffer a concussion or another type of head injury if the accident is severe enough.
- Biker’s Arm: Biker’s arm occurs when a motorcyclist is thrown from the motorcycle and makes impact with the road or another object. The motorcyclist will generally hold out their arms to brace themselves from the impact of the fall. In doing so, the sudden impact can inflict damage to the nerves in the arms. Considerable nerve damage can result in permanent injuries.
- Spinal Cord Damage: In serious motorcycle accidents, it is possible for motorcyclists to experience spinal cord injuries. This could involve damage to the muscles or nerves of the spinal cord or damage to the vertebrae or spinal column itself. These injuries must be taken seriously as they can result in paraplegia or quadriplegia.
Greenberg, Stone, & Urbano: Over 130 Years of Collective Experience
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle or other traffic accident in South Florida, the Miami Personal Injury Attorneys at Greenberg, Stone & Urbano are here to help. Our exceptional firm offers over 130 collective years of experience representing personal injury accident victims across South Florida. Our dedicated lawyer staff provides legal representation of unmatched excellence, evidenced by our array of awards. We received an AV rating from Martindale Hubbell and are ranked as a top firm in South Florida by the Miami Herald. Contact our firm as soon as possible to start on the road to protecting your legal rights. Call us at (888) 499-9700 or (305) 595-2400 or you can visit our website to schedule your initial consultation.